AMAZING BUSINESS RADIO: PAULO ALMEIDA
Delivering Personalized Support with Technology
Shep Hyken interviews Paulo Almeida, CEO & Co-Founder of Clientscape, a company that helps support agents seamlessly manage customer interactions across multiple channels. He talks about how companies can adapt to changing customer expectations by leveraging data and analytics.
- The optimal response time to a customer asking for support has more to do with the problem they are trying to solve than the channel they are using to reach out with.
- Some industries require a faster response time than others. For example, in the transportation industry, there is more urgency because the issues customers are trying to solve (such as changing a flight) may need to be resolved in minutes, not hours. These industries require larger, highly scalable teams to meet the customer’s needs.
- Text-based communication is an efficient way to manage a large influx of customer support requests. An agent on the phone can only handle one customer at a time, while a text messaging operator can multitask between multiple customer requests. Messaging capabilities alongside a phone option are a cost-effective and convenient way to manage customer issues.
- When you have efficient digital channels such as text messaging, chatbots, and social media, you can teach customers to use these options whenever they need to get in touch with your company. When they realize they won’t have to wait through hold times or repeat their story every time they talk to a new agent, they will see these channels as value-added options, not as a deflection method.
- An excellent customer experience contributes to having the best product experience, which gives a company pricing power. When you take away from the quality of customer experience, you may no longer be perceived as having the best product. The result could mean lost customers.
- Personalized customer support is a mix of doing and listening. Empower support agents by giving them access to data and analytics that can help them better understand customer needs and deliver a personalized experience. Then, collect feedback to ensure that the information you hold is relevant and identify areas where you can do better.
- Plus, Paulo shares what cutting costs without affecting customer satisfaction or service delivery should look like. Tune in!
“Don’t cut down on the investments that give your customers the care they deserve.”
“How a customer contacts you is irrelevant. Customers expect excellent service no matter what channel they use, and brands must meet that at all times.”
“Whether their issues are urgent or not, what any customer doesn’t want is to be constantly deflected, passed from agent to agent, and having to repeat their story.”
“Personalization is your biggest advantage over your competition.”
Paulo Almeida is the CEO & Co-Founder of Clientscape. He has an extensive background in IT, Marketing, and Advertising. He previously worked with multinational companies such as Vodafone, Siemens, and Google.
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions and more:
- What is digital customer service?
- What are the advantages of text-based communication in customer service?
- Why is personalization important in customer service?
- How do you deliver personalized customer experience?
- How can data and analytics improve customer service?